Writer’s block is very real. Anybody who has ever tried to pick up a pen or opened his laptop to type words knows how tricky good writing can be. Ideating and coming up with creative writing styles is not always easy. You might suddenly feel that there’s nothing left to write or you don’t even know how to begin!
The feeling can be extremely frustrating, especially if you are a professional writer, content marketer or blogger. So, read on to know why does writer’s block suddenly crop up and how you can fight it.
Why does writer’s block even happen?
It can often be due to fear. The fear of putting your words on paper so that the whole world can judge it is very common. For some writers, the timing maybe all wrong. He or she probably needs to brainstorm a little more before sitting down to write. The third reason is many writers wait for everything to be perfect before they make a single scratch on the paper. The result? They end up writing nothing ever!
Wondering how to fight writer’s block? First stop making excuses for starting to write. Do not wait for inspiration, or waste time watching TV because you don’t have ideas. Also, avoid feeling sorry for yourself just because you don’t know where to start. It never helps. Follow these practical tips instead and take up your pen again:
Ways of resolving writer’s block
- Sit in a room where there is no distraction. Writing cannot happen if you are dealing with noisy kids, loud TV, or your partner chatting on the phone. A room without distraction will help you think, be creative and get back your writing flow.
- Go outside and take a walk in your garden or the road in front of your house. If you feel like, jog or run to get your blood pumping! The more blood circulation your brain receives, the better you will think.
- Reading a book is another way to unleash your hidden creativity. Reading words written by a famous author always inspires you to toy around with different styles and concepts. Sip on a hot cup of coffee while you are at it, to feel energetic.
- Listen to music if that’s what gets you going. Music can be inspiring for many, and after a few songs, you might feel that you can write down some really great sentences.
- Start writing. Sounds strange right? But this can work very well every time you hit a block. Just jot down all that you are thinking and you can make sense later. Write down a single sentence in different ways, to see which one will be the best to start your article, blog or e-book. Read up on some quotes related to your content topic and you might get novel ideas.
Finally, remember that it’s all in your head. If you think you can write, you can! Maybe it will take a little time or a few trials before you can create a piece that you truly love, but don’t ever give up. Writing is an art and the more you feed its fuel, the brighter it will burn.